Things To Do Around KubeCon Amsterdam
We put together a quick guide of fun and curious stuff to do around the Kubecon Amsterdam 2023 event.
Tech events worth checking out
- Office Hours with Kelsey Hightower at Netris booth on April 18th.
- Elastic Meetup Amsterdam – On April 18, starting from 17:30.
- Kong Meetup Amsterdam – On April 18, starting from 17:00.
- DevOops Amsterdam. Incident Stories – On April 18, starting from 18:00.
- Amsterdam Open Source Data Infrastructure – On April 19, starting from 18:30.
- Policies for the People: an OPA Amsterdam Meetup – On April 18, starting from 18:00.
Dine with style
- Yamazato – A Michelin-star restaurant with Japanese cuisine located on the ground floor of the Okura Hotel.
- Ciel Bleu – A restaurant with two Michelin stars, located on the top floor of Okura Hotel.
- De Kas – The restaurant has both a Michelin Star and a Green Michelin Star for their organic ingredients, which are grown on-site and in fields. It is located 30 minutes away from the event location.
Tulip season in Amsterdam
Tulip Festival in Amsterdam has already started and will continue for another month. During this period, it’s worth visiting one of the largest gardens in Europe: Keukenhof. Park is hosting various events and flower shows, especially now.
Bloemenmarkt is Amsterdam’s iconic floating flower market worth checking out. The journey to the market will take 15 minutes by tram.
Coffee Shops and “Coffee Shops”
- Back to Black Amsterdam is one of the best espresso bars in the city, with a cozy atmosphere and delicious pastries. Ten minutes by tram from the event location.
- Have a stop at the Bulldog Ex-Police Station “Coffeeshop” by Leidseplein, located 20 minutes away from RAI.
- Doppio Espresso Amsterdam Zuidas is an espresso bar near the event location to enjoy a quick break outside of the venue.
Have fun with modern art
STRAAT – Have a one-of-a-kind experience at the largest street art and graffiti museum in the world. It is located at NDSM wharf, 30 minutes away from the event location and offers 150 on-site artworks on display.
Our House – Check out Amsterdam’s New Museum of Electronic Music Culture. Dive into the Evolution of Dance Music through Interactive Installations on a 75-Minute Digital Storytelling Journey. The museum is located 15 minutes away from RAI Amsterdam.
Nxt Museum – Experience Unique Multi-Sensory Exhibitions at a New Media Art Museum in the Netherlands. Don’t Miss the UFO – Unidentified Fluid Other Exhibition, Located in 30 minutes from Kubecon.
- GVB day tickets are valid from 1 to 7 days and allow you unlimited travel on the GVB network in Amsterdam day and night (GVB buses, metro and trams).
- Buy I Amsterdam city card or other types of city cards if you are planning to visit multiple sights and museums and use transport along the way.
- Rent a bicycle with Mac Bike, Amsterdam Bike Rent, and other rentals. Prices usually start from 6.5€ an hour.
Finally, remember to take advantage of your free time and explore the city on foot – it’s often the best way to discover hidden gems. And, of course, don’t forget to stop by booth #SU19 and say hi. We hope to see you soon!